Wednesday, March 25

Belated Mother's Day Afternoon Tea

This post has got later and later in the making but it's finally here. I didn't get to go home for Mother's Day as my Mum was picking me up 3 days later for my Easter Holidays. Somewhere I've been wanting to try for ages is Jameson's Cafe and Tea Room, it's a couple of miles away from where I live in Sheffield so is easiest accessed by car as I can't get a direct bus. Therefore I thought it was the perfect opportunity to go last Wednesday.

It was extremely busy which really surprised me for a weekday but they managed to squeeze us in just before a huge group they had booked in for later in the afternoon.

Firstly we ordered some tea - Earl Grey for Mum and Green Tea with Moroccan Mint for me. I'm not a fan of standard black tea but I really love herbal teas. I loved all the chinaware and the decor really reminded me of my late grandparents house.
They do several different options for afternoon tea but we went for the Traditional in order to not eat TOO much. I say this, there was still a lot of food.
Egg Mayo and Cheese Sandwiches followed by a fruit scone for me and chocolate and cherry scone for Mum.

Then we were offered cake if we could fit it in (of course we could). There were so many different options of cake and they were all on display in the main room - unfortunately I didn't get a picture but you can check them all out on their Instagram - Jamesonstearooms. After much deliberation I had White Chocolate and Raspberry and Mum had Rhubarb Crumble Cake. Both were incredibly light and the buttercream was lovely (can I have the recipe?!).
All the staff were lovely and so accommodating and I really hope I can go back soon. I loved the look of the cake tapas(!!) - 8 smaller slices of cake.

Jameson's Cafe and Tea Room

334 Abbeydale Road, Sheffield, S7 1FN
01142551159
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kath & Cake | UK Lifestyle Blog. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig